Hey y'all! As promised, here is the super ease tutorial for making the asymmetrical clutch from my Project Sewn finale look!
I have gotten so many compliments on my bag already, can you tell how much I love it? Here's the secret to making this easy bag: it's not lined. I love the look and feel of the 'wrong side' of the leather so much I couldn't bear to cover it up. (It came from Leather Hide Store, and it's buttery fabulousness.) You totally could though. If you do, just eliminate the hemming steps.
Before you begin:
Make sure you have a leather needle. You will not be able to complete this project without one! Sew slowly because once a hole is in the leather it's there forever! Use a long stitch (my stitch length goes from 1-5 and I used a 4.) Don't pin the leather before sewing, instead use clips (like potato chip clips) to hold it together.
1. Cut pattern piece (dimensions given in graphic)
2. Fold top and bottom edges under 0.5" and sew.
3. Sew on toggles. The toggles I used are from Joann Stores. I cut the base of the toggle (the black part) into triangles.
4. Fold the bottom edge up 12" (right sides facing) and sew the side seams.
5. Fold the sides of the flap down 0.5" and sew.
6. Admire your kick ass bag!