I am a mother of 3, soon-to-be 4. Money is tight. So today when Gabe put on one of his uniform shirts and it was too small I had an idea. Why not alter it for Charlotte? She won't need a uniform until the next school year but hey, why not figure out how to do it now? So here is what I did. Hopefully you can save yourself some money too!
Then I traced around it, leaving a half inch extra at the sides and bottom. Don't trace the sleeves, but trace the seam. When you're done it should look like this:Then I pinned down the sides and sewed them up. I don't have a serger but this fabric doesn't fray so I'm not too worried about it.
Then I pressed the seams out, and did a rolled seam. *DISCLAIMER* I am terrible with seams, especially using stretchy fabric. This is how I did it, it may or may not be the right way...I rolled the seam and then pressed it down...And zig zagged over the edge. I used a topstitch foot to do it. Here is what it looks like now:Now take the sleeves and gather them until they match up with the shirt. Ta-da! Now repeat with the other sleeve and you, my dear, have an adorable girl's uniform shirt with "Snow White sleeves" as Charlotte called them :-)